Monday, April 4, 2011

Bring it!

I am determined not to be bored out of my gourd the next time it rains for a week straight. I live in the Tacoma Washington area so I have a feeling it just might definitely happen again. Soooo, I am compiling a list. Some people say I'm a bit of a cheapskate, er...thrifty. On that note, here are some FREE things to do.
  • Have an indoor scavenger hunt
  • (When they're done, they can race the timer to put everything back - two games in one!)
  • Have a pillow fight
  • Pull out all the pillows and blankets, grab some snacks, and read a long book together
  • Build a fort out of all those blankets and pillows
  • Build a fort out of sugar cubes, popsicle sticks, or toothpicks. What else could you build...a whole city?
  • Visit Union Station (1717 Pacific Avenue in Tacoma) - historic & has some Chihuly art work
  • Hands-On Children's Museum you can check out a pass at the library to get four people in free. Follow link for other free days if you don't have a library card
  • Puget Sound Navy Museum - a bit of a drive, but always free
  • Washington State History Museum (only free on third Thursday of the month from 2-8 p.m.)
  • Museum of Glass (free days/hours same as above)
  • Visit Cabela's - fun any day of the week with all the stuffed animals (sorry, no cuddling allowed) They also have several free events on weekends and morning story time for the kids on the first Saturday of each month.
  • Visit Ikea (ok, pretty sure this one's not going to be free for me, but it could be if I only had an ounce of will power)

 And now for the not so free list. But they are wallet friendly ideas and won't break the bank if you just choose one (still probably cheaper than a "free" trip to Ikea):

 
When it rains I ache to go outside, probably just because I can't.  But now I have places to go and things to do, so bring it on, rain! Give me your best shot!
Oh, and don't forget to tell me what you do to combat the rainy day blues!

No comments:

Post a Comment